Thursday, April 30, 2009

Army Daze

Army Daze (Year definately before 2000)
I cannot recall exactly which year I drew this. It could be during my polytechnic days...

But what I could remember was this: I did not intend to draw a daze looking soldier. I had a pen with me and a piece of paper staring at me. So i drew a curve. It looked like a shell. Then I complete the shell and it looked like a helmet to me. Then I added in the face, which in turn suggests to me now it looked like a soldier. And the rest is history.

There are some inaccuracies in the sketch. For example, the rifle and the spear don't look right. That is because the spear initially wasn't a spear. There was a line drawn which I didn't know why it was there and so I converted it (or rather camouflaged it) into a spear. =) And also army boys cannot have long hair. Hehe...

No comments:

Post a Comment

CONTACT DANIEL LIM

bigcowdesigns@yahoo.com

This site is copyright 2007 - 2011 by Daniel Lim.